Thick clouds throughout the day and snowfall for most of the time.
Thick clouds and widespread snowfall throughout the whole day.
- open lifts 2
- open ski slopes 1
valley (slope) 0 cm
mountain 80 cm
Location 10 km south of Kitzbühel in the heart of the skiing and hiking paradise of the Kitzbuehel Alps
924 bis 2.000 m above sea level
When the valley of the Jochberger river comes to an end,look to the west and there is the village Jochberg . As "area under the yoke" Jochberg in 1072 de Johperc gave it its name and was mentioned for the first time as a settlement in 1173. Prehistoric remains and numerous former smelting ovens that have been found in the area, attest that there was Bronze Age mining in Jochberg.
Accommodation in Jochberg
Jochberg in Winter
- Direct connections to the Kitzbühel Ski Pistes
- Cross country and Winter wandering
- Ice Skating with Eisstockschiessen (type of curling) on the Grander Wasser
- Under roof Eisstockbahn
- Natural Sledge run at Trattenbach
- Ski Schools
Jochberg in Summer
- Hiking trails located right in the Kitzbühel Alps
- numerous bicycle and mountain bike trails in the Jochberger Mountains
- heated forest swimming pool with Grander Technology
- Nordic Walking trails
- Theme trails, Museumsweg, 7-Brunnenweg
- Sintersbacher Wasserfall with playground for kids
Jochberg. The Name is well known to hikers because of Jochbergs wonderful natural treasures which include mountain and trails second to none. Highlights such as the heated swimming pool, many themed walking trails, the Farm Museum, Sintersbacher Wasserfall and the winter ice rink from Grander water are undoubtedly unique. The direct entry into the Kitzbühel ski resort for skiers is an added plus.
Located in the heart of the skiing and hiking paradise of the Kitzbuehel Alps, Jochberg impresses with its richly varied offers. You can get an insight in the mining of copper plate, museums take you into the past and the world famous Grander revitalized spirit: The sleepy Alpine village offers not only numerous sports facilities in the natural habitat but also offers a multitude of cultural jewels and secrets for the body’s well being.
- St. Georgen am Walde | Austria - since 2004