A chance of sunny periods in the morning, then widespread rain will build up.
Frequent snowfall and only occasionally some sunshine.
- open lifts 45
- open ski slopes 90
valley (slope) 67 cm
mountain 107 cm
Located in the Kitzbühel Alps.convenient excursions to Innsbruck (95 km), Salzburg (80 km) and Munich (120 km).
Population : 8.439
800 to 2.000 m above sea level
As early as 1165 it appears the first time the name "Chizbuhel" in a Chiemseer certificate, which is a merger with the proper name "Chizzo" and "Buhel" is a characterization of its geographical location.
In 1450 began the heyday of mining in Kitzbühel, but not until 16th Century silver was found in Kitzbühel. The citys landscape is a consequence of that wealth. Around 1850 the summer tourism started to build up in Kitzbühel and 1875 with the construction of the railroad brought the rise to international tourism. 1893 Franz Reisch became the first man to ski down from the Kitzbühel Horn, according to documents 1894/95 the first ski race was held in Kitzbühel.
Accommodation in Kitzbühel
Kitzbühel when dressed in White
- skiing in Kitzbühel with about 170 km of slopes and more than 50 highly modern gondola and lifts
- Action-packed snowboarding fun parks
- 120 km of cross country ski trails in the region
- 170 km of winter hiking trails in the region
- ski schools
„The Gams City in summer“
- Teeing off in the golf centre of the Alps (4 courses locally , 18 more nearby)
- Diving in Schwarzsee Gieringer pond or in the Aquarena swimming.
- Mountain Experience on 500 km of hiking trails
- Cycling on approximately 750 km of cycling and mountain bike trails.
- An exciting rally in the tennis stadium, the Courts of fun and excitement in the Mercedes-Benz sports park Kitzbühel
- SALEWA Kletter Kitz climbing hall and bowling alley
An unparalleled sports region.
Kitzbühel Hahnenkamm hosts ski races, snow polo, triathlon and tennis trophy. The city's heart beats loud and strong. Kitzbühel, the sports capital in the heart of the Alps, combines tradition and lifestyle as charming as any other city. The city is famous not only the unique charm, but also the energy of the city as well as the sporty top hotel industry and catering alike and makes Kitzbühel the celebrity hot spot in the Alps.
Nestled between Kitzbühel Horn and the Hahnenkamm, Kitzbühel shows its sporty side. The many possibilities for sporting activities in beautiful nature combined with a historical center with almost chic flair of doing business. It is a city of charm and all-rounder profile. The hospitality of hotels and restaurants are at the highest level. The excellent restaurants, small cafes and bars, the discos, the casino and the cinema in the centre of the city are part of the wide choices on offer. Activity in sports go to the limit, experience as a spectator class events or refuel Alpine Energy - discover your "Kitz"!
Partner Towns of Kitzbühel