The Lebenberg Schlosshotel was first mentioned by name in 1446 when the Reichertsheimer von Wagrain acquired the castle. They had a new residential tower built halfway up the hill, which was called Lebenberg from 1500. Today the four-star hotel is part of Harisch Hotels.
Later owners were the Vinsterwalder, Jänisch, Lang von Wellenburg and Ungnad families. In 1601 Raymund von Lamberg Freiherr zu Ortnegg und Ortenstein acquired the historic building. In 1885/88 Hugo Anton Emil Count von Lamberg opened one of Kitzbühel's first guesthouses in the castle. From 1950, the Lebenberg Schlosshotel was finally run as a hotel business. Today the four-star hotel is part of Harisch Hotels.