Delicacies for Christmas
On no day of the year are there as many treats as at Christmas. There are many hours spent in the kitchen to spoil your loved ones with culinary delights. In the following you will find two soup recipes, which were created by the chef Christian Winkler from Gasthof Auwirt and can make the Christmas stress a little easier.
- Soak beluga lentils overnight
- Sauté shallots, carrots and celery in butter
- Add strained lentils and season with salt, pepper, garlic oil, rosemary and thyme
- Stir in mustard and tomato paste
- Pour beef broth and water and simmer lentils until soft
- Season to taste with balsamic vinegar
- Finely blend half of the lentil soup, add the other half as a garnish to the soup
- Arrange on warmed plates and refine with some pumpkin seed pesto and herbs
Styrian cream soup
- Finely dice the shallots. Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Sauté the cubes in butter.
- Season with salt, pepper, cumin and a little garlic oil.
- Add water and beef broth and cook potatoes until tender.
- Strain through a sieve into another pot.
- Add cream and sour cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix well and blend in the butter.
- Add the potato cubes.