This church was first mentioned in 1324.
Rupert was chosen as the church’s patron saint upon its consecration as a parish church in 1427. The onion tower was added in 1664 and was later to achieve fame in the painting by Professor Alfons Walde. The interior of the church was renovated in 1966 as was the external façade in 1979. Aurach became a parish in 1891.
Masses on Sunday at 08.30 a.m.